Thursday, June 12, 2008

1981

The year I was born.... among other things

Ronald Reagan becomes the 40th US president

IBM introduces the PC

Raiders of the Lost Ark is the highest grossing film worldwide

the average cost of a gallon of gas: $1.25

of a first class stamp: $0.15

the space shuttle Columbia takes its first flight

Charles and Diana are married

A minor league game between the Rochester Red Wings and the Pawtucket Red Sox becomes the longest professional baseball game in history: 8 hours and 23 minutes - 33 innings

Scientists identify the AIDS virus

Walter Cronkite retires

MTV is launched. The first song played? Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles

U2 has bad hair, but good music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHzy9dkyWGI

1 comment:

victoria said...

Hey Girl, nice blog! Thanks for the well wishes on my festival! I'm hoping for a relaxing, fun time. I am just excited to have off from work :) Hope to see you guys again soon!