Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thanksgiving Dinner
I love all holidays (almost) but you can't beat Thanksgiving for good food. I love food, I love to eat, and I love the leftovers! We spent Thanksgiving at "home" (I'm never sure how to refer to my home town. Since we have bought a house, that is home, but where I grew up will always be home too) . We had a good size gathering, for us anyway.
Too many cooks in the kitchen? (and you can't even see the other side of the kitchen!)
Ready for a yummy meal! The menu included a relish tray, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pistachio salad, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, corn cake, boston brown bread, pumpkin bread, lemon-fruit salad, stuffing, ham with raisin sauce, turkey with gravy, our traditional grape juice and ginger ale mixture, apple pie and pumpkin pie. As always there were a few minor mishaps... a little too much milk and butter in the potatoes, until they were VERY "silky"... a very well cooked turkey that fell apart when my dad tried to slice it (but it still tasted yummy!)... cranberry relish and lemon - fruit salad forgotten in the fridge until halfway through the meal... we forgot to cook the squash at all and the pumpkin bread was also missed until after the meal... but come on now, if everything went perfectly how boring would that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment