Its grape picking season back home. I wish I was there! Working together at all hours of the day and night to get the load of grapes in. Working hard and being outdoors. The smell of ripe grapes everywhere. The comments of "this is picking weather!" when it is cold, rainy, and/or snowing! Various adventures involving broken down machinery or getting stuck in the mud (although I'm sure my dad never appreciated those parts). Picking season has been a part of my life since my parents put me in a car seat and strapped it to the grape picker when I was a baby up until I went away to college. It seems as though a part of Autumn is missing without it. Of course its one of those things I never really appreciated until I was older and now I miss it! I hope you're all having fun! ( :
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Its grape picking season back home. I wish I was there! Working together at all hours of the day and night to get the load of grapes in. Working hard and being outdoors. The smell of ripe grapes everywhere. The comments of "this is picking weather!" when it is cold, rainy, and/or snowing! Various adventures involving broken down machinery or getting stuck in the mud (although I'm sure my dad never appreciated those parts). Picking season has been a part of my life since my parents put me in a car seat and strapped it to the grape picker when I was a baby up until I went away to college. It seems as though a part of Autumn is missing without it. Of course its one of those things I never really appreciated until I was older and now I miss it! I hope you're all having fun! ( :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I miss the all pervading smell of GRAPES, too! There's no substitute here in Ohio, I hope we make it back for a visit before the season is over.
Paris
Are you trying to make me cry Rach? :)
Wish you were here too.
I know exactly what you mean Rachel! For 40 years I tried to make it home when the grapes were ripe, only made it a handful of times. I'm so happy to be back and experience this heady aroma again!
aaah, you are so right! There is nothing like the smell of grape harvest! And just like you, I never really appreciated it until I was away from it for awhile:)
By the way Rach, I just figured out that I could respond to your blog...I'm learning...however slowly that may be...!
Post a Comment