Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vacation part III: those you meet along the way

I always say how much I wish that all my friends could be in the same place and not spread out all over the world. However, it is nice to have places to stop and people to see when you're driving across the country! Our first stop was to Niki's house in Montana. Niki is one of my dearest friends and we see each other once a year if we're lucky, so I was thrilled to be able to stop and see her on the way out and the way back!

This was also my first time meeting their new daughter, she is very smiley.

Next stop was my aunt and uncle's house in Seattle. I haven't seen them in probably 10 years or more. It was nice to see them and where they live and to "get to know" them again. I spent some time with my aunt while my dad and my uncle went out hiking and that was especially nice. Here's a family portrait.


Rob and I spent a day playing tourist in Seattle and we also spent most of the day with Jon, one of my friends from college. We went to the Pike Place Market, REI, the aquarium and Fremont Park.
We saw the Fremont troll, which is featured in the Movie "10 Things I Hate About You" (Heath Ledger's "breakout" movie). I must have watched this movie 500 times in college with my friends.

No comments: